American Express Credit Cards
American Express was founded in Buffalo, New York in 1850 as a merger of two express mail companies, but from 1882 began to expand into the financial services area. Today, it is one of the world's leading credit card businesses, having introduced the concepts of gold and platinum card services as well as many other credit card innovations.
Known for being a premium credit card provider, American Express, or AMEX as it is often called, offers cards with many benefits. Often charging higher annual fees and interest rates than other credit institutions, in return you receive a status symbol with access to privileges and services unlike anything many other credit cards can provide.
The AMEX Platinum Credit Card is famous for being a sign of exceptional financial status, featuring some of the best premium services around. The annual fee of $395 is a meagre investment in extravagance, the AMEX Platinum Credit Card only available to customers of substantial means. American Express credit cards are synonymous with exclusivity.
Extensive reward programs give American Express credit cardholders unprecedented opportunities to maximise their credit card experience. Reward points can be spent on anything ranging from shopping purchases to airline flights, and can be earned from an even larger range of goods and services. With some premium AMEX credit cards offering as many as 1.5 reward points per dollar spent, American Express reward programs offer their benefits up front, not just in the future.
Please visit our credit card comparison page to compare AMEX credit cards to the many others we offer.
Find out more about the different American Express Credit Cards available:
- David Jones American Express Card
- American Express Qantas Premium Card
- American Express Qantas Ultimate Card
- American Express Velocity Gold Card
- American Express Velocity Platinum Card
- American Express Gold Ascent Credit Card
- American Express Gold Choices Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Credit Card
- American Express Qantas Discovery Credit Card
- American Express Velocity Business Card
- American Express Business Gold Card